Thursday, August 30, 2007

"The Interface" Response

I found the text pretty dense as well, but I think I got the main messages of it.

1) I understand how both the Mac and Blade Runner influenced culture, but I wasn't sure if the author trying to imply anything beyond they both influence the look and mark coming in the future. But I wasn't sure if the author was choosing one or the other as the mightier vision, it mentioned in the beginning that they had a similar idea, but then they also had key opposing ideas such as decay.

2) The author compares a film with a computer technology. Doesn't this seem a bit like comparing apples and oranges, as both may have a similar goal. They are so separate in their approach and ways of influencing culture that it seems like it could get messy.

No comments: